Hearing Loss Symptoms, Types & Cause All in Details. In this Article we are providing information on the hearing loss Symptoms, type of hearing loss, severity and treatment, costs of hearing aids, therapy or surgery related to hearing loss.
What’s a Hearing Loss ?
Hearing loss is when your ability to hear is reduced. A hearing loss makes it more difficult for you to hear speech and other sounds. The most common causes of hearing loss are noise and ageing. In most cases a hearing loss cannot be cured. Hearing loss, or hearing impairment happens when there is a problem with one or more parts of the ear or ears, the nerves coming from the ears, or the part of the brain that controls hearing.
Hearing loss is different in every person. People also may use the words deaf, deafness, or hard of hearing when they’re talking about hearing loss. Actually in other words we can say Hearing loss is a loss of the loudness or clarity of sounds. Most people have had temporary hearing loss at least once in their lives. the most common hearing loss symptoms are trouble in hearing what others say.
Types of Hearing Loss
Neural Hearing Loss
Conductive Hearing Loss
Sensory Hearing Loss
Mixed Hearing Loss
Hearing Loss Symptoms
The problem of hearing loss, if not since birth, is often a like a process than an occurrence. Other than due to accidental reasons, when the loss can be instantaneous, normally it is caused over a prolonged period of time. In the beginning the hearing loss can be deceptive; however, with time, it goes profound and start interfering with your ability to react to a sound and thus becomes prominent during conversational speech.
How do I know I have hearing loss?
- Do you have trouble in hearing what others say?
- Do you feel that people around you have started mumbling?
- Do you steer up the TV volume to a level others start complaining?
- Do you feel blame your concentration as you hear less when it is bit noisy?
- Do your friends or family members complain about your hearing inability?
- Do people tell you that, off late, you have been talking loudly?
- You hear people speaking but you have to strain to understand their words.
- You frequently ask people to repeat what they said.
- You don’t laugh at jokes because you miss too much of the story or the punch line.
- You frequently complain that people mumble.
- You need to ask others about the details of a meeting you just attended.
- You play the TV or radio louder than your friends, spouse and relatives.
- You cannot hear the doorbell or the telephone.
- You find that looking at people when they speak to you makes it easier to understand.
Causes Of Hearing Loss
Can hearing Loss Be Cured By Drugs or Surgery ?
At the moment, some hearing losses can be treated by either drugs or surgery. Most people with hearing difficulties find that a hearing aid recommended by a Hearing Aid Audiologist will improve their hearing.